We’re looking to expand our growing team with additional technical expertise to help with our growing workload.
We work with complex technologies and complex platforms. As such, we’re often the Support Team for already highly skilled IT Teams. We and our customers are heavy users of Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP as well as operating datacentre infrastructure.
We provide consulting, managed and cloud services to Telecom, Energy, Government and local businesses.
As a senior operations engineer you’d be expected to work across a range of technologies whilst also having the ability to work on documentation/diagrams and be able to interface with our customers;
We’re after someone who is confident solving problems through to resolution and who likes to work across multiple technologies.
The role will consist of looking after our platforms, looking after managed customer platforms and getting involved in project work/engineering delivery work as it arsies.
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge of things like terraform, vault, ubuntu, redhat/centos
- Scripting (bash, perl, python or similar)
- Automated build/configuration of cloud environments (Terraform/Cloud Formation/Azure Resource Manager etc).
- working understanding of at least one public cloud (aws/azure/gcp).
- Competent Linux sys admin/scripting skills
- Good knowledge of networks
- System monitoring via our dashboards and monitoring/telemetry platforms
- Customer onboarding/installations (90% from the office, rarely onsite at a customer’s location for this)
- Documentation of customer systems
- General Systems Administration work
- Patching and Backup Management
- Being part of our out of hours rota
- Occasional (very occasional) datacentre work in our UK sites
In terms of skill set and technologies we expect you to understand and be familiar with, we want to see a combination of the following;
- Good people skills
- UK Driving Licence
- Ability to pick up and resolve problems
- Linux administration skills
- Good basic networking knowledge
- Virtualisation knowledge (VMWare/Hyper-V/KVM)
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/Office 365)
- Windows Server knowledge
- Computer hardware knowledge
- Basic understanding on Internet Security
- Enjoy working with and learning new technologies
Location wise, the roles will be based in our Hastings office, but we do push remote working heavily so ultimately, wider locations throughout the south east could also work for us. The hours for this role would be 9-5 Monday to Friday with Out of Hours work on a rota (agreed with the team, so we’re flexible and work together on it). We operate a flexible holiday time system, but you’ll get at least 20 days per year plus the usual bank holidays.
Pay and Salary will relate to experience. We’re looking for someone around mid-senior level for this role. Feel free to get in touch if you think you might fit the bill! Send your CV for consideration to [email protected]