We’re looking to expand our current team with additional technical expertise to help with our growing client base and workload.
We’re a fun and growing company and we work with the big complex technologies, not the boring basic stuff. We’re playing with Cloud Platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as operating our own Cloud Hosting Platforms.
We provide Consulting, Managed and Cloud services to Telecom, Energy, Government and local Businesses. Our goals are to be a “can do” Managed Services provider, rather than sticking to the letter of a contract, we prefer to ensure we’re making things better for our customers and adding real value, that way, they’re happy to be with us, we have a happier place to work and our customers keep coming back!
As a Technical engineer, we offer a monthly bonus in addition to salary based on your ability to ensure customers always receive top notch service from us.
Typical day to day work would involve;
- Support Ticket Monitoring and communication via Phone/Email
- System monitoring via our dashboards and monitoring/telemetry platforms
- Customer onboarding/installations (90% from the office, rarely onsite at a customers location for this)
- Documentation of customer systems
- General Systems Administration work
- Patching and Backup Management
- Being part of the out of hours rota
- Occasional (very occasional) datacentre work (our sites are ~1-2 hours travel from Hastings)
In terms of skill-set and technologies we expect you to understand and be familiar with, ideally, we want to see a combination of the following;
- Great people skills
- UK Driving Licence
- Ability to pick up and resolve problems
- Linux administration skills
- Good basic Networking knowledge
- Virtualisation knowledge (VMWare/Hyper-V/KVM)
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/Office 365)
- Windows Server knowledge
- Computer hardware knowledge
- Basic understanding on Internet Security
- Enjoy working with and learning new technologies
Location wise, the roles will be based in our Hastings office, but we do push remote working heavily so ultimately, wider locations throughout the South East could also work for us. The hours for this role would be 9-5 Monday to Friday with Out of Hours work on a rota (agreed with the team, so we’re flexible and work together on it). We operate a flexible holiday time system, but you’ll get at least 20 days per year plus the usual Bank Holidays.
Pay and Salary will relate to experience. We’re looking for someone around junior-mid level for this role. Feel free to get in touch if you think you might fit the bill or for an informal chat! Send your CV to [email protected]