Linux/Cloud Engineering Role
We’re looking to expand our growing team with additional technical expertise to help with our growing workload.
We’re a fun small firm – but we work with the big complex technologies, not the boring basic stuff. We’re playing with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP as well as operating our own Cloud Hosting Platforms
We provide consulting, managed and cloud services to Telecom, Energy, Government and local businesses. Our goals are to be a “can do” managed service provider, rather than sticking to the letter of a contract, we prefer to ensure we’re making things better for our customers, that way, they’re happy to be with us, we have a happier place to work and the customers keep coming back!
As a senior engineer you’d be expected to work across a range of technologies whilst also having the ability to work on documentation/diagrams and be able to interface with our customers (mostly remotely, occasionally in person);
- working understanding of at least one public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Knowledge of virtualization
- Competent Linux system administration/scripting skills
- Configuration management experience (Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Good knowledge of networks/network interconnections
- System monitoring via our dashboards and monitoring/telemetry platforms
- Customer onboarding/installations (90% from the office, 10% onsite at a customers location for this)
- Documentation of customer systems – diagrams/build documents
- Work on secure environments and understand security concepts and be willing to continually learn as this evolves
- Automation of cloud, Linux, windows, general systems administration work
- Patching and Backup Management
- Being part of our out of hours rota
- Occasional (very occasional) datacentre work (our sites are ~1-2 hours travel from Hastings)
In terms of skill set and technologies we expect you to understand and be familiar with, ideally, we want to see a combination of the following;
- Good people skills
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems across different technologies.
- Ability to support platforms with complex architectures.
- Excellent Linux administration skills
- Good networking knowledge
- Virtualization knowledge (VMWare/Hyper-V/KVM)
- understanding on Internet Security
- Enjoy working with and learning new technologies
Location wise, the roles will be based in our Hastings office, but we do push remote working heavily so ultimately, wider locations throughout the south east could also work for us. The hours for this role would be 9-5 Monday to Friday with Out of Hours work on a rota (agreed with the team, so we’re flexible and work together on it). We operate a flexible holiday time system, but you’ll get at least 20 days per year plus the usual bank holidays.
Pay and Salary will relate to experience. We’re looking for someone around mid to senior level for this role. Feel free to get in touch if you think you might fit the bill! Send your CV for consideration to email@example.com